Recorded June 8, 2016 — Dr. Phil Fischer from Mayo Clinic presents on the “Management of Malnutrition in Children” including the evaluation and treatment of protein energy malnutrition–marasmus and kwashiorkor.
Quick Links Referenced in the Webinar
- Pocket Book of Hospital Care for Children, 2nd Edition, WHO 2013
- Management of severe, acute malnutrition in low-income and middle-income countries, 2014
- Textbook of Global Child Health, 2nd Edition, American Academy of Pediatrics
- Guidelines for the Inpatient Treatment of Severely Malnourished Children, WHO 2003
- Guideline: Updates on the Management of Severe Acute Malnutrition in Infants and Children, WHO 2013
Beyond this Presentation
If you enjoyed this session, you might also find these webinars informative:
- Pneumonia: Caring for Children in Developing Countries – Dr. Fisher’s previous presentation on caring for children with fever and respiratory distress.
- Nutrition 101 for Field Practitioners presented by Julie Tanaka, Senior International Nutrition Advisor.
- An Overview of Vitamin A Deficiency and Clinical Disease presented by Dr. Linda Mobula.